Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2026

Dinos Everywhere!

by Aedan Peterson


Summer's not over yet, so the dinosaurs keep coming! 

Phoebe was dually fascinated with and terrified of the Dino Trek exhibit at the Zoo. She insisted we go through it, then when she saw the scale of the creatures, she insisted we leave.  Through some heroic perseverance we made it through, though we did run away from the carnivores. As we fled, I managed to snag some pictures of the terrible lizards in their natural environment. I heard my personal Lil Jim Gurney whispering in my ear, "Paint them Aedan my boy. Paint them."

Here's where I'm at in the process so far:


 

I'm using oil paint, which I haven't tried since I was a kid and had no idear about anything, so it's been a far less frustrating medium than I remember it being. It's actually more flexible than gouache or acrylic. Looking forward to finishing this out.

I also painted this cloud. Might be dinosaurs inside there too can't tell.









3 comments: